Pressprint supports the protection of the environment. We are committed to improving the environmental friendliness and sustainability of our operation, by:
- Considering the environmental impacts of our decisions and strategies.
- Safely and legally disposing of all industrial waste.
- Reducing waste, and recycling wherever possible.
- Reducing energy use.
- Providing clients with sustainable and friendly options on all products and services.
- Ensuring compliance on all legislation relevant to our business.
- Implementing this policy throughout the company structure, ensuring that staff at all levels are trained in environmentally sound work practices and attitudes.
- Setting targets and monitoring progress to ensure ongoing improvement within the company.
Pressprint is Chain of Custody certified for printing on FSC® or PEFC paper stocks. This is a guarantee that when we claim to use these environmentally certified paper stocks, that claim can be verified right back to the forest the wood came from.
It can be difficult to tell the difference between a company that is just greenwashing, and one that has a real commitment to reducing their impact on the environment and encouraging the use of sustainable resources. Our certifications show that Pressprint is serious about the environment and genuine in our efforts to provide responsible options to our customers. You can read more about these initiatives to the right.
The FSC is the Forest Stewardship Council®, and is based in Bonn, Germany. It is an international non-profit organisation that ensures responsible management of forests, and the products that come from them. They certify that wood is legally harvested and minimal environmental harm is caused, while protecting the rights of workers and indigenous populations. Wood cannot be harvested where the land or forest has a high conservation value.
The PEFC is the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification. They are a non-profit umbrella organisation from Geneva, Switzerland. The PEFC promotes sustainable forest management by endorsing certification schemes, ensuring all forestry practices lead to outcomes that are economically, ecologically and socially sound.